The VigorAP 902 supports simultaneous operation of the common 2.4Ghz band and faster 5Ghz band. The 5Ghz band is far less congested so if your PCs or other devices support the 5Ghz band, you can use that. The 5Ghz band is used for 802.11ac (or optionally 802.11n and 802.11a). The VigorAP 902 operates both bands at the same time, allowing your devices to use either band and each has its own bandwidth so overall wireless capacity is also increased. The 5Ghz interface supports the full range of extended domestic 5Ghz channels, thank to its support for DFS/TPC; you can select all 5Ghz channels up to channel 140, as opposed to just the 4 'Band A-Lower' channels (which provides only two non-overlapping channels).
- 802.11ac & 802.11n
- Business-class wireless access point with Simultaneous dual-band (2.4/5Ghz).
- Four (4) 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 Port Switch.
- Centrally managed or standalone operation (may require a firmware update).
- Central Management supports mobility, load-balancing, monitoring, status, upgrade and configuration.
- PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) as standard. AC/DC mains PSU also supplied.
- Detachable Antennae - Can be replaced with optional Omni-directional or higher-gain.
- Wireless Encryption : WEP, WPA, WPA2.
- Multiple modes using Repeater/Bridge/Access Point.
- Time-Scheduled Operation (multiple schedules) and Wireless Client Isolation.
- Bandwidth management per SSID and 802.1q VLAN Tagging.
- Four SSIDs for each band (for VLANs) with MAC Address Filtering.
- Radius / WPA User Authentication 802.1x User Authentication.
- WDS (Wireless Distribution System) WMM (Wireless MultiMedia).
- WPS - WiFi Protected Setup with Built-in Site Surveyor.
- Wall Mountable.