Start by unboxing your phones, insert the batteries and put them onto the base docks. We recommend they are charged fully before first use. The base station will then need to be plugged into a power source and your router/network port:
- Press Subscribe.
- Select Base 1.
- One of the units will find the base first, click subscribe to get this one online (if neither phone finds the base skip to the next step and do step 4 twice).
- In order to get the second unit to register you will need to hold down the button on the back of the base station for 7 seconds, then go back to the handset and press search and then subscribe.
Once the handset is registered to the base, you'll then be able to find out the IP address of your base:
- Press 'Menu' (the left softkey) to bring up the operation menu.
- Use the arrow keys to move the cursor to the 'Settings' icon and press 'Select' (left softkey).
- Press the Up arrow to navigate to "Info, then press "Select" The LCD screen will then display information about the handset.
- Using the Arrow keys, move the cursor down to view the IP address of the base.
- Once you have the IP address, enter it into a web browser and use the password of admin to log in.
If you cannot find the IP address on the phone, you can download one of the below applications to run a scan of all devices on your network-
Advanced IP Scanner for Windows
LanScan for Mac
Once logged in, you'll see the above page.
From here, head to Profiles > Profile 1 > General Settings.
You will then need to enter talk.yay.com into the SIP server field.
Once you have done that, click DECT > SIP Account Settings and assign the accounts you'd like to use to the handsets.
To tell if you're registered with yay.com, head back to the Users page, you'll see the phone symbol will be green if correctly registered! If not, make sure all your SIP user details are entered correctly, as well as the SIP server.
Any issues please feel free to get in touch with our Support Team.