Domain Name Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions ("Domain Name Conditions") are supplemental to the General Conditions and shall apply in the Contract.
- For the adjudication of disputes concerning or arising from use of a Domain Name, the
Registered Name Holder shall additionally submit, without prejudice to other potentially
applicable jurisdictions, to the jurisdiction of the courts (1) of the Registered Name
- The Registered Name Holder shall indemnify and hold harmless the Registry Operator and
its directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims,
damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and expenses)
arising out of or related to the Registered Name Holder's domain name registration.
- .UK, .CO.UK, .ORG.UK, .LTD.UK, .NET.UK, .PLC.UK AND .ME.UK
In the case of a ".uk, ".co.uk, ".org.uk", ".ltd.uk", ".net.uk", ".plc.uk" or
".me.uk" Requested Domain, the following terms and conditions will apply and be incorporated
into the Contract:
- The following definition shall apply in this clause 1:
- "Nominet UK" means the entity granted the exclusive right to administer the
registry for .uk domain name registrations.
- You acknowledge and agree:
- to be bound by Nominet UK's terms and conditions available at http://www.nominet.uk/resources/policy/policies-rules/
as amended from time to time and the dispute policy available at: http://www.nominet.uk/domains/resolving-uk-domain-disputes-and-complaints/
as amended from time to time.
- that Your Requested Domain shall be subject to suspension, cancellation, or
transfer pursuant to any Nominet UK adopted policy, term or condition, or
pursuant to any of Our or the Registry's procedures not inconsistent with a
Nominet UK adopted policy:
- to correct mistakes by Us or the Registry in registering the Requested
- for the resolution of disputes concerning the Requested Domain.
- that We will act as agents on Your behalf by submitting Your application to
Nominet for You. However, You will still be entering into a direct contract with
Nominet UK as noted in Nominet UK's terms and conditions.
- that by accepting Nominet UK's terms and conditions You are consenting to
Nominet using Your personal data for a variety of reasons and Nominet's privacy
policy is available at http://www.nominet.uk/resources/privacy-policy/.
In particular, Your name and address may be published as part of Nominet's Whois
- that any transfer of ownership in and to a Requested Domain shall be affected in
accordance with Nominet UK policies and procedures.
In the case of a ".app" Requested Domain, the following terms and conditions
will apply and be incorporated into the Contract:
- The following definitions shall apply in this clause 3:
- "Early Access" means the period identified in clause 3.2 when .app Domain Names
will be available for public purchase with a premium attached to the purchase
price of the .app Domain Names as defined by the .app Registry in their Startup
Policy Document found at
- "General Registration" means the period identified in clause 3.2 when .app
Domain Names will be available for public purchase without any premium attached
to the purchase price of the .app Domain Names as defined by the .app Registry
in their Startup Policy Document found at
- "Pre-Orders" means the facility whereby, before each period identified in
clauses 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 commences, You can request .app Domain Names for
registration by Us upon the commencement of each period.
- "Premium" means a Requested Domain that displays an increased Registration Fee
at Checkout and for which the .app registry have charged a premium Fee for.
- The Early Access period will commence at 16:00:01 UTC on the 1st May 2018 until 15:59:59
UTC on the 8th May 2018. General Registration will commence at 16:00:01 UTC on 8th May
2018. Pre-Orders for Early Access and General Registration will open from from 10:00:01
GMT on the 1st April 2018.
- You acknowledge that Pre-Orders are not live registrations and therefore We cannot
guarantee that We will secure any Domain Name(s). All applications made during the
General Registration Pre-Order period are done so at Your own risk and We will not be
held liable for any Domain Name(s) that are not secured during either period.
- Pre-Orders cannot be cancelled, are non-transferable and cannot be substituted,
regardless of any financial consideration that We may have taken in deposit for a
Pre-Order. Bulk pricing discounts do not apply and are not available for any Pre-Orders.
- You agree:
- and acknowledge that when making a Pre-Order we will use the payment methods
held on file in Your account to pre-authorise the required funds for your
Pre-Orders up to 7 days before Early Access and/or General Registration
commences so that Your order can be passed to the .app Registry;
- and acknowledge that it is Your responsibility to keep these details up to date
and accurate during this period and that Your application will not be submitted
to the .app Registry without a successful pre-authorisation. Such
pre-authorisation is only conducted to ensure payment funds will be available
and that full payment may be taken immediately following any successful
registration. No payment will be taken for unsuccessful registrations and the
authorisation will be released immediately for the same.
- to release, defend, indemnify and hold Us, Our subsidiaries, affiliates,
shareholders, agents, directors, officers and employees harmless from and
against any and all claims (including, but not limited to, claims of trademark
infringement or cybersquatting), demands, liabilities, losses, damages or costs,
including reasonable legal fees, arising out of or related in any way to, the
Requested Domain, and/or Your use of the Requested Domain.
- to be bound by the Polices and Procedures of the .app Registry, available at https://www.registry.google/
- and acknowledge that we are required to charge an increased Renewal Fee for
Premium domains aligned to the increased Fee charged and shown at your initial
domain purchase during checkout.
- Registrations when General Registration commences are dealt with on a first come first
served basis. If Your Requested Domain is not available upon commencement of General
Registration or up to 48 hours following such commencement, We will refund You in full
directly to Your payment card without any further charge.
- For the adjudication of disputes concerning or arising from use of the Requested Domain,
You shall submit, without prejudice to other potentially applicable jurisdictions, to
the jurisdiction of the courts of (1) Your domicile, and (2) where YayYay Limited is
head quartered, presently Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom.